The beautiful homes, scenic views, golf course, and luxury amenities are not the only thing to love about the Bonita National Golf & Country Club Community. Although you have so many things to enjoy within the community, there is also the surrounding Southwest Florida area that provides even more for you to enjoy.
If you’re thinking about becoming a Bonita National resident, you might be thinking: what are things to do in SWFL around the community? Being located in between Naples and Fort Myers, close by I-75 with convenient access to the Southwest Florida International Airport, there are countless options for things to do.
Dining & Shopping
• Coconut Point Mall – located in Estero, Florida, this outdoor mall has shopping, casual and high-end dining options, a movie theater, and more.
• Miromar Outlets – located in Estero just off I-75 exit 123, this outlet mall features more than 140 top designer and brand name outlets such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdales with up to 70% off retail prices.
• Waterside Shops – Waterside Shops is an upscale outdoor mall in Naples off Tamiami Trail North. It features luxury shops like Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and more; as well as dining options like California Pizza Kitchen and True Food Kitchen.
• Gulf Coast Town Center – Located in Fort Myers off I-75 at Alico Road (exit 128), GCTC is a massive outdoor mall with many dining options, as well as stores like Best Buy, Costco, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and more. It also features entertainment like the GameTime arcade and a Regal movie theater.
• Wiggins Pass – Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is a beach located in Naples, Florida with special areas designated for fishing, easy access for boaters to launch, concessions for sale, as well as paddleboard, kayak, and canoe rentals. It is in North Naples at the end of Immokalee Road.
• Naples Pier – The Pier is located on the Gulf of Mexico at the west end of 12th Avenue South. It’s a favorite location for sightseers and fishing. It features a concession stand with a covered eating area and beach supplies.
• Bonita Dog Beach – The Bonita Dog Beach is perfect for dog owners to enjoy a fun beach day with your pooch. It has sandy beaches with shallow waters for dogs to run, plus free parking and canine showers.
• Fort Myers Beach – Fort Myers Beach is its own town on Estero Island that features a long, sandy beach facing the Gulf of Mexico.
• Naples Botanical Gardens – Naples Botanical Gardens is a 170-acre world-class garden that features plants and cultures of the tropics and subtropics located in Naples off Bayshore Drive. It features educational entertainment and enjoyment for people of all ages, offering 90 acres of restored natural habitats, walking trails and a Butterfly Garden.
• Six Mile Cypress Slough – The Six Mile Cypress Slough is a preserve area located in Fort Myers, Florida that spans 3,500 miles offering wildlife, a butterfly garden & boardwalk trails through the wetlands.
• Lakes Regional Park – Lakes Park is a 279-acre public park along Gladiolus Drive in Fort Myers. It features beautiful nature trails, lakes, gardens, two playgrounds and water parks.
• Center for the Arts – Center for the Arts has 2 locations and offers various performing arts, including films, a film festival, exhibitions, and more. Whether you’re moving to Bonita National as a full-time or a part-time resident, membership options are available to offer you access for your entire time in Bonita Springs.
• Artis-Naples – Artis-Naples is the premier center for the performing and visual arts in Southwest Florida. They host nearly 800 concerts, performances, and exhibitions year-around, including the widely-attended Naples Film Festival.
• Florida Repertory Theatre – if you’re up an adventure in Fort Myers, the Florida Repertory Theatre is a great destination. On it’s 21st season this fall, the Florida Rep is a theatre in a historical building in beautiful Downtown Fort Myers. Here, you’ll find live theatre of all genres: comedy, drama, suspense, and romance.
• Koreshan State Park – Koreshan State Park is the home of the Koreshan Unity Settlement, the pioneering colony that led the development of Estero in the mid 1890’s Today, the park is comprised of the 11 remaining historic buildings where you can see how the Koreshan community lived and experience life in those early days of this region.
• Edison & Ford Winter Estates – The Edison & Ford Winter Estates contains a historical museum and 21-acre botanical garden attached to the winter homes of Thomas Alva Edison & Henry Ford beside the Caloosahatchee in Fort Myers.
There are countless other attractions around for you if you chose to make the move to the Bonita National Golf & Country Club Community. If you’re interested in available listings, contact Shelly Olsen a Bonita Springs real estate agent who specializes in the Bonita National Community in Southwest Florida. She’ll help you find the perfect home for sale in Bonita National and offer some tips to explore Southwest Florida as the locals do!
To learn more, you can reach Shelly Olsen, Realtor in Bonita National by calling 239.322.8457 or emailing her here: https://shellyolsenrealtor.com/contact/.